General Membership Meetings are held the first Monday night of every month at 7 pm at the Clubhouse, 1250 Gateway Road, Lake Park, FL.
Online Membership Renewals
Mail-in Renewal Application:
Prospective or New Members:
Here is the process by which you may become a member:
* Get to know us: Register for a class; come train with us; come to our meetings and special events. Why? You will need two sponsors, and they will need to know you for at least 6 months. Also, we are a community of volunteers who organize and participate in dog sports together. It is vital that prospective members contribute to and cooperate with that community and help us offer quality services to nonmembers and members alike.
* Arrange for your sponsors.
* Complete the OTCPBC APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP:
[Revised application forthcoming.]
Note that the application has a space for the signatures of your two sponsors.
* Your membership application will be read by the club secretary at one meeting. You must be present for this reading.
* At the second membership meeting, your membership application will be voted upon. You must be present for this reading.
The entire membership process may take from 60-90 days.
New members must pay by check made payable to OTCPBC. Renewing members may renew online by clicking on the blue button below.
We ask our members to be active in club events, volunteer their time at trials and public appearances, and attend General Membership meetings. Members must accumulate 20 volunteer hours per calendar year in order to qualify for membership discounts.
Member registration for events includes attesting to the following: “I attest I have earned at least 20 volunteer hours at OTCPBC during the previous calendar year and am eligible for club discounts in 2016.”
* Use of the facility
* Discounts on classes, seminars, and practice training sessions
* Participation in club extracurricular activities
* Club newsletter (Lead Lines)
Types of Membership
This level of membership entitles you to all the above beneﬁts. In addition, you may run
for ofﬁce and be appointed to a position.
Associate members may not run for ofﬁce or be appointed to positions.
Junior members may not run for ofﬁce or be appointed to positions.
- Must be 18 years or older or, if junior member, 10-17 years of age
- In good standing with American Kennel Club
- Sponsored by two club members who have known you at least 6 months. Sponsors must have been OTCPBC members for at least one year.
Recording Your Volunteer Hours – Worker Rewards
Bob Millar is the official secretary for recording volunteer hours. Please send your hours to [email protected]
Access to the Building
Access cards are available to all members.
$25 deposit on card (refundable when card is returned)
$25 per month or
The building is open from 8 am until 10 pm. Please do not attempt to access the building outside of these hours. The building is alarmed.
Access cards are for personal use only. They may not be shared or transferred. To obtain an access card, contact: Lieselotte Hookey at [email protected]
Class Refund Policy:
Members are subject to the class policies outlined in the Club Policies & Procedures (P&P) Manual. Because class size is limited and sufficient time is necessary to contact alternate students, class tuition may only be refunded if notice, in writing or by email, is received seven (7) business days prior to the start date of a class by the instructor or the director. OTCPBC does not allow for make-ups, drop-ins, the transfer of monies from one class to another, or private instruction in lieu of group classes.